Coach development programmes
We design bespoke coach development programmes for organisations who have internal coaches or who have line managers or leaders who want to develop a ‘coaching culture’ in the workplace.
These events typically help coaches and managers develop the skills of:
- Developing a ‘coaching’ orientation / attitude;
- Contracting and boundary management;
- Establishing a good coaching climate, with rapport, trust and openness;
- Skilled listening, listening for the unspoken and the ability to demonstrate full attention and interest;
- Questioning for understanding, questioning for prompting self–discovery and interventions that transform thinking and bring about action;
- Monitoring and reviewing the process of coaching and the effectiveness of the coaching relationship, and the skills of bringing the coaching to an appropriate end.
Advanced level workshops also typically include:
- The emotional world of the client: handling emotions;
- Developing ‘backbone and heart’ as a coach (See Mary Beth O’Neill, Coaching with Backbone and Heart: a systems approach to engaging leaders with their challenges. Jossey-Bass, 2000);
- The psychological underpinnings of coaching;
- Becoming a psychologically–minded coach;
- Developing your coaching presence.