Facilitation skills development
The ability to facilitate group and team events requires skill, courage and creativity. Experienced facilitators know how to ‘read’ the climate of a group, attend to what isn’t being said as well as what is, and gauge how to ‘intervene’ to support and challenge the group in achieving a good outcome.
We offer bespoke facilitation skills development programmes that are designed to:
- Raise the facilitator’s awareness of their own preferences, biases and blindspots when working with a group;
- Help the facilitator learn how to ‘let go’ of the need to feel in control and ‘sit with’ the ambiguity of not knowing how an intervention will impact on a group;
- Equip the facilitator with a range of frameworks and skills that will support their ability to make purposeful, appropriate and potent interventions;
- Deal with ‘tricky situations’ e.g. strong emotions, resistance, the dominant group member, silence, low or patchy commitment, etc.;
- Understand how to build commitment to action in a group or team, and how to ensure lasting change.
Our workshops build on participants’ real–life situations and provide ample opportunity for skills practice, feedback and coaching for improvement.