Facilitation of team development events
We custom-design events taking into account the unique context and requirements of that team.
Typically we meet each team member to gain an understanding of how they each see the strengths and needs of the team. Through this we build commitment to the process and make sure that the focus of the work ‘hits the mark’.
- We work with teams off–site, where we focus on their real issues and support them in having those ‘gritty conversations’ that are so hard to have.
- We also work ‘in–situ’ with teams, i.e. observing their real team meetings, where we give ‘live’ feedback and coaching for higher levels of performance.
- Our approach helps teams ‘learn how to learn’. At the end of our involvement, teams have learnt how to review and improve their own effectiveness.
Who can benefit?
Well, any team that wants or needs to be even more effective:
- Teams in difficulty: e.g. poor performance, low cohesion, low risk taking, high degree of conflict, high degree of internal competitiveness etc. These teams need help in addressing these issues directly and learn the skills of open communication and collaboration;
- Teams in transition: e.g. new leader, new team membership, changing objectives, teams that are merging etc. These teams need help in letting go of the past and working together to shape a new future;
- Performing teams: Some teams already function well, yet may be capable of much higher performance. For such teams a small amount of focused development work can have a significant and immediate impact.