Marion Gillie acts as an executive coach to Board level executives and other high potential senior managers and emerging leaders in a wide range of business sectors. She particularly likes to work with clients who
- are curious about themselves
- are committed to their own development and actively want coaching
- already have a capacity for self insight
- are prepared to look closely at themselves, and
- are in roles that have a significant impact on the business.
Marion helps people to
- raise their self awareness of their strengths and how they limit their choices or block their learning
- develop their 'Emotional Intelligence' (EQ)
- understand and navigate their organisational context
- engage in experimental action to try new approaches designed to broaden thinking, gain insights, develop skills, develop new strategies, and expand choice
- engage in insightful reflection, offering an oasis from the high pace and pressure of task delivery
Ideally, she works systemically, i.e. involves other people in the leader's immediate organisation, to embed learning into the wider context. She predominantly works as an Executive coach, i.e. with people who are already highly skilled and competent, but who want to stretch themselves and realise more of their full potential. She occasionally work as a Skills coach, particularly where the skills needed are presence and impact, or influencing skills.
Each coaching programme is agreed with the coachee, and/or their manager. As a guide, a ‘typical’ coaching programme might be between six and ten coaching sessions of two hours, over the period of a year, with regular reviews of progress during the programme.
About Marion Gillie
Get more information
If you would like to discuss how Marion could help you in your current role, just call
+44 (0) 1865 751282, or
+44 (0) 7979 243504.
Alternatively, send an email
Marion Gillie was a Founding Accredited Coach with the Association for Professional Executive Coaching and Supervision (APECS). She has extensive experience as a consultant / coach in a wide range of organisations and businesses. She is a Chartered Occupational and Counselling Psychologist, and has Masters degrees in Gestalt Psychotherapy and Organisational Psychology. She also qualified in Couples and Family Systems Therapy at the Gestalt International Study Centre (GISC) in Cape Cod.
She was Programme Director of the Diploma in Advanced Executive Coaching at the Academy of Executive Coaching (AoEC) from 2003 until 2012, and a supervisor on the Oxford Brookes University Postgraduate Certificate in Supervision for Coaching and Mentoring. She is a former Board member of the Association for Professional Executive Coaching and Supervision (APECS).
Code of ethics
I subscribe to the APECS Code of Ethics, which strives for the safest and most effective conditions for clients (those being coached), the clearest and most transparent understanding with host companies who commission Executive Coaching and the highest professional standards for their coaches and supervisors.